How to enable the Facebook two-factor authentication with Protectimus Slim NFC hardware OTP token.
- Download the Protectimus TOTP Burner application.
- Log in your Facebook account and initiate the enrolment of the software token:
Go to the Facebook Settings ->
Choose the “Security and Login” section ->
Choose “Use two-factor authentication” ->
In the “Code generator” section, click the “third party app” button ->
You’ll see the QR code with the secret key (seed).
- Program the Protectimus Slim NFC token by scanning the QR code.
- Run the Protectimus TOTP Burner application and tap the button “Burn the seed”
- Tap the button “Scan the QR code”
- Activate the Protectimus Slim NFC OTP token and place it near your phone’s NFC antenna. While holding it near the NFC antenna, tap “Burn the seed” -> “Scan the QR code” -> “Continue”, and wait for a message confirming that the 2FA token was programmed successfully.
- Enter the one-time password generated with the help of Protectimus Slim NFC token in the field “Security code”.
- Enjoy reliable and convenient protection for your Facebook account — make hackers’ lives difficult.