How to enable two-factor authentication with hardware 2FA token Protectimus Slim NFC in LocalBitcoins cryptocurrency exchange.
- Make sure that your Android smartphone supports NFC technology and download the Protectimus TOTP Burner application.
- Log in your LocalBitcoins account and initiate the enrolment of the software token:
Choose “Edit profile” from the pop-up menu in the right upper corner ->
Go to “Security” section ->
Click “Edit Security options” ->
Click “Enable two-factor authentication” ->
Choose “Mobile app based two-factor authentication” and click “Proceed to activation” ->
You will see the QR code with the secret key (seed). Use it to program the Protectimus Slim NFC token.
- Program the Protectimus Slim NFC token by scanning the QR code. Learn how to program Protectimus Slim NFC token here.
- Save the QR code in a very safe place to use it as a backup in the future.
- To finish the token enrollment enter the one-time password from Protectimus Slim NFC in the field “Authentication code” and tick the checkbox below if you saved the secret code.
- Enjoy reliable and convenient protection for your LocalBitcoins account!